Review : My Horizontal Life

Description :
In this raucous collection of true-life stories, actress and comedian Chelsea Handler recounts her time spent in the social trenches with that wild, strange, irresistible, and often gratifying beast: the one-night stand.stand. You've either done it or know someone who has: the one-night stand, the familiar outcome of a night spent at a bar, sometimes the sole payoff for your friend's irritating wedding, or the only relief from a disastrous vacation. Often embarrassing and uncomfortable, occasionally outlandish, but most times just a necessary and irresistible evil, the one-night stand is a social rite as old as sex itself and as common as a bar stool. Enter Chelsea Handler. Gorgeous, sharp, and anything but shy, Chelsea loves men and lots of them.

summary :
“Laugh Out Loud funny, but no match for David Sedaris, as the cover suggests. Maybe I'm just too old, but her raunchy humor can't depend on just plain funny anecdotes, as Sedaris does. If Handler really is laughing at her own life, she needs to realize how lucky she is to still be alive, before it's too late!”

Quotes from this book

“There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers.”

“At some point during almost every romantic comedy, the female lead suddenly trips and falls, stumbling helplessly over something ridiculous like a leaf, and then some Matthew McConaughey type either whips around the corner just in the nick of time to save her or is clumsily pulled down along with her. That event predictably leads to the magical moment of their first kiss. Please. I fall ALL the time. You know who comes and gets me? The bouncer.”

“I never say the things I really want to. If I did, I'd have no friends.”