Kevin Durant Announces He Is Joining The Golden State Warriors

Kevin Durant announced Monday that he is leaving the Oklahoma City Thunder to join the Golden State Warriors.

Kevin Durant announced Monday that he is leaving the Oklahoma City Thunder to join the Golden State Warriors.

USA Today Sports / Reuters

The 2014 MVP made the announcement on the Players' Tribune.

"It really pains me to know that I will disappoint so many people with this choice, but I believe I am doing what I feel is the right thing at this point in my life and my playing career," Durant wrote.

He began his career with the Seattle SuperSonics in 2007 and the next season the franchise moved to Oklahoma City and he's been with the Thunder ever since.

The decision is said to be one of the biggest free agent moves this offseason.

Durant joins current league MVP Steph Curry



from BuzzFeed - Sports http://ift.tt/29IfqU6