Book Review: Dead Until Dark



Blurb
Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out.... Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea. A fun, fast, funny, and wonderfully intriguing blend of vampire and mystery that's hard to put down, and should not be missed. (Susan Sizemore) Praise for Charlaine Harris: Harris writes neatly and with assurance. ( New York Times Book Review ) An author of rare talents. ( Publishers Weekly )

My thought
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I'd heard about the similarities to Twilight (which made me not want to read it), and I can see elements that are close. However, the writing, storyline, events, and characters were much, much much better. 
Considering that I'm not a fan of horror books or movies (especially anything to do with vampires) I liked this book. I really like Charlaine Harris's style of writing and loved the main character, Sookie Stackhouse. Might read the second one in the series.