Book Review: Hercule Poirot book 11 Death in the Clouds (1935)



Original Language: English
Publisher: Collins Crime Club
Country: UK
Publication Date: 1935
Page Count: 304
My rating

Blurb

Alternate title: Death in the Air

In this "crime puzzle of the first order" (New York Times), an ordinary flight to London turns extraordinary when a female passenger is shot to death with a venom-tipped dart. Even more bizarre is that the murder went unnoticed by everyone on board-- including the brilliant Hercule Poirot.

My thought

Started it yesterday, finished it today; that should tell you how intense it was.
Page-turning, as are all of Christie's mysteries, I thoroughly enjoyed this one; the outcome was so unexpected, and brilliantly done. I just missed Hastings.
When Madame Giselle is killed on a flight from the French Riviera to London, all the passengers, including Poirot, are the suspects... A lively tale with lots of romance, adventure and suspense, and a host of colourful characters.

This was is a Hercule Poirot title. I cannot help but wonder what an amazing brain and powers of deduction the author must have possessed. I really thought that I had this mystery solved from the beginning. I was wrong, the person I thought did it was part of the solution though. This book had a twist at the end that I never saw coming and totally shocked me. She keeps you guessing and her characters are fascinating portraits of a diverse range of men and women which along with the plot keeps you engrossed.


Recommended for all fans of mysteries, detectives and plot twists.