Book Review : Dracula



My rating : 4 stars

Blurb
When Jonathan Harker visits Transylvania to help Count Dracula purchase a London house he makes horrifying and unbelievable discoveries in his client's castle. In the ensuing battle of wits between the sinister Count and a determined group of adversaries, Bram Stoker presents a classic gothic horror that continues to inspire vampire myths to this day.

My thought
Classic novel. The book is very advanced for being a late 19th century novel. I can see why Bram Stoker's Dracula put vampires on the map and into a horrifying existence.
I have finally finished this book... but trust me, I say finally because of time availability. The book was excellent, if I could I would have gone through it much faster. The roles of Dracula and Van Helsing's original appearance are excellent as these characters have been used in multiple works. 
I think my favorite characters are Mina and Renfield. I don't think I would've been able to endure reading the slow middle portion of this story without them. 
For the time period is was refreshing to read about an intelligent woman. The beginning and the end were the best parts of the book for me. 
I knocked the star rating down a bit because of the slow middle. It had a climatic start and finish which I really liked. This is certainly a favorite of mine.

It was interesting to notice how different Dracula, vampire, in this novel is different from today's known image of vampires.