Book Review : Inferno


My rating
4 stars 

Blurb
In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology, Robert Langdon, is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces . . . Dante’s Inferno. Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante’s dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust . . . before the world is irrevocably altered.

My thought
This was an amazing book. Dan Brown succeeded in writing another page-turner.It caught my attention immediately and I couldn't put it down. I really enjoy Brown's writing style. 
This story takes a much different approach than the past Langdon books. Before, there were symbols and a secret society and art and history and they all were a part of some large scheme.
 Dante's Inferno is the main work that the story is centered around, and it has a huge influence on the plot and the characters. It was really exciting to be along for the ride while Langdon figures out what all of the hints are supposed to mean and how they connect. 
I loved looking up all the paintings and building that were referred to by Dan Brown in Inferno. I am much more knowledgeable about Florence, Venice and Istanbul architecture. 
I love all the books in the Langdon series and this one especially makes you think about some global issues.The book really made me ponder the future of mankind. It was very well written and his descriptions of architecture, artwork, and locations made me feel as though I was right there with Langdon 
I would totally recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Dan Brown or enjoyed the other Robert Langdon books

Quotes
  • “If I fail, then all is death.”
  • “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.In dangerous times, there is no sin greater than inaction.”
  • “The decisions of our past are the architects of our present”
  • “Who better than a bunch of celibate male octogenarians to tell the world how to have sex?”
    Robert Langdon
  • “Dante's poem, Langdon was now reminded, was not so much about the misery of hell as it was about the power of the human spirit to endure any challenge, no matter how daunting.”
  • “Remember tonight, for it's the beginning of forever.”
  • “Believe me, I know what it's like to feel all alone...the worst kind of loneliness in the world is the isolation that comes from being misunderstood.”
    Sienna Brooks
  • “Langdon was impressed. "You know Latin." "I grew up Catholic. I know sin."”
    Sienna Brooks
  • “The time bomb is no longer ticking. It has already gone off, and without drastic measures, exponential mathematics will become your new God . . . an 'He' is a vengful God. He will bring to you Dante's vision of hell right outside on Park Avenue . . . huddled massess wallowing in their own excrement. A global culling orchestrated by Nature herself.”
  • “Nothing is more creative . . . nor destructive . . . than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    Dr. Elizabeth Sinskey
  • “. . . the world is large, and history is long.”