Review : Abraham Lincoln A Vampire Hunter

There are but two types of men who desire war: those who haven’t the slightest intention of fighting it themselves, and those who haven’t the slightest idea what it is.

“Without death...life is meaningless. It is a story that can never be told. A song that can never be sung. For how would one finish it?”

Judge us not equally We may all deserve hell, but some of us deserve it sooner than others.

Title : Abraham Lincoln A Vampire Hunter
Original Language: English
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Country: New York, USA
Publication Date: March 2, 2010
ISBN: 978-0-44656-308-6
Page Count: 336
Format ebook

Synopsis
While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years. That is, until Seth Grahame-Smith stumbled upon The Secret Journal of Abraham Lincoln, and became the first living person to lay eyes on it in more than 140 years. Using the journal as his guide and writing in the grand biographical style of Doris Kearns Goodwin and David McCullough, Seth has reconstructed the true life story of the greatest president for the first time-all while revealing the hidden history behind the Civil War and uncovering the role vampires played in the birth, growth, and near-death of US

Review
Which bring us to the book in question: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. The book is… interesting. Here’s what I’m going to tell you, I’m going to talk about the style of this novel, not really the plot or anything else. Let’s be honest, the title kind of tells you everything that you need to know concerning the story, doesn’t it?
I’m somewhat torn about the book, to be honest. I really did enjoy it, and it was an interesting way to tell this story, but it feels kind of lacking. The details are all in place, but the core of the story is just okay. So, here’s what I’m going to say; if you enjoy reading about history, if you are intrigued by the life of this rather remarkable man who literally grew from poverty to president, if you want an interesting alternate history about the United States, then you ought to read this book. If you’re looking for a hardcore horror novel, you won’t find it. If you want a novel that really gives you the nitty gritty details of hunting vampires like you might find in a modern action film, it’s not here.
I enjoyed the fun twist on history; however the writing was too choppy for my taste. When I read, I want to be entertained. Unfortunately this book read more like a history book than a novel and as such it was hard to get pulled in. It was not a book that I rushed back to every chance I could . Abe portrayed as a ruthless vampire killer was bad-ass though! I will go check out the movie and I suspect it will be better than the book (which is usually never the case)

Summary
So far this book is very gripping and leaves me wanting to know more. Hopefully the story will follow through and be both historically accurate and action-packed.

Rating
I thought the book was good, but not as good as I was expecting. I’d probably give this 3.5 stars out of 5).

Reading level
Adult